Bike MS: Hope to a Cure takes you on an unforgettable journey on scenic Seward Highway. More than 250 riders will cruise along courses ranging from 25 to 110 miles. Full meals, generous amenities, stunning landscapes, fully stocked rest stops and spirited festivities are all included.
Registration Fee: $50
Fundraising Minimum: $250
Age Minimum: 18 years or older
Village Directions & Lodging
Route Options: 110, 75, 50 and 25 mile options.
All routes start and finish at Girdwood Place and Hightower Road.
More information, including route maps will be available summer 2015.
If you haven't already, think about forming or joining a team. Riding with friends and family makes the journey that much more fun. In fact, more than 85% of cyclists ride as part of a team!
- If you have not already registered, you can form or join a team when you do.
- If you have already registered, please contact us at teamMSnorthwest@nmss.org and your teams coach will help you out.
Set your Personal/Team Fundraising Goal
- View the Goal Setting (pdf) document for tips on setting a challenging yet realistic goal.
Build Your Team
- Appoint a Co-Captain.
- Recruit at least four team members.
- Read more about being a team captain, recruiting, fundraising and training.
- Make a list of every person you know — the obvious and the not-so obvious. Need extra help? Use the Know Your Networks worksheet (pdf).
- Visit the Fundraising Tools page for ideas and strategies.
- Order free Bike MS materials including posters, trading cards and more.
- Each cyclist is required to raise at least $250, but the majority of cyclists go above and beyond the fundraising minimum and raise $750.
- Thank your donors and give them a tax deductible receipt.
Prepare for the Ride
Rider Village is where it all comes together at Bike MS: Hope to a Cure! Rider Village is the home of Team Row, the exciting start/finish celebrations, team photos, parties, the beer garden and much, much more! Check in at registration, stash your bike in the bike corral, enjoy a tasty meal or beverage and fully experience the community of Bike MS!
Following is just a taste of the fun that awaits you and your team in Rider Village.
- Registration for Bike MS 2015
- Start/Finish Line Festivities
- Beer Garden
- Team Row
- Bike Corral
- Bike MS Evening Program
- Pre-registration for Bike MS 2016
Alcohol policy in Rider Village
While a cold beer might be just the thing to top off a great day of riding, please understand that the serving of alcohol in our Rider Village requires everyone to act responsibly and abide by state liquor laws. Please follow these simple but important policies to ensure the safety of all participants and understand your liability as the team host when providing alcohol.
- Post signs that state 'Proof of age required' in your Team Row tent.
- Have a means to check ID.
- Utilize tickets, wristbands, etc. to control the consumption of alcohol.
- Be prepared to provide transportation for anyone who may be intoxicated and is traveling offsite.
- Follow all local regulations and laws regarding the distribution of alcohol. Please check with your state liquor control board to inquire about a liquor license for your Team Row tent.
Good Neighbor Policy
There is limited space in the Team Village, and we want to make sure everyone has a comfortable, fun, and relaxing experience. We ask that your team please adhere to the following Good Neighbor policies:
- Rider Village will close at 8 p.m.
- No roping off space around your tent.
- Please keep trash and other items out of the main walkways and thoroughfares. Please utilize the trash and recycling bins located throughout Rider Village.
- After unloading, all vehicles need to return to the designated event parking area.
- Do not set up private sleeping tents next to the team tent. These tents need to be located in the designated camping area
Driving Directions and Lodging
From the north
Drive south on the Seward Highway to Girdwood.
Turn left on the Alyeska Highway and drive 2.2 miles to Hightower Road.
From the south
Drive north on Seward Highway to Girdwood.
Turn right on the Alyeska Highway and drive 2.2 miles to Hightower Road.
- Turn left on Girdwood Place off of Alyeska Hwy. At the intersection of Holmgren and Girdwood Place you will find parking on the left.
- Across the street from the rider village at Alyeska Hwy and High Tower Rd., you will find parking in the park.
- There is parking on the side streets in Girdwood. Please be respectful when parking and avoid local businesses and residential drives.
- The Alyeska Day Lodge Parking Lot is no charge for day use visitors. Any overnight use will be a $10 fee. The Alyeska parking lot is located one mile east of rider village along the Alyeska Hwy on Arlberg Avenue.
1000 Arlberg Ave.
Girdwood, AK 99587
4800 Spenard Rd.
Anchorage, AK 99517